Monday, May 26, 2008

Back on the roads & track

After the rest period I was desperate to get back out running; Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were necessary but unwelcome recovery days.

My Saturday run was a joy! Nice steady 5K with the wife and 18 year old nephew. Then me and nephew broke off and extended it out to 5miles, at an improved pace. The last mile in sub 8 min pace. I enjoyed it so much, i finished with the "sprint then vomit" combination. Fantastic!

Sunday, was the easy day. A steady 4 miles and my heart rate at even 165 for the duration. And as an added bonus my weight was new low of 14 stone 8 pounds!

And for today, i'm shortly off to the gym for a weights session, then this evening, a speed session on the track to help blow off the cobwebs. 1 mile time trial, then 1 x 800m, 1 x 400, 2 x 200, and finally 2 x 100.

Easy 5K run tomorrow, then the hills on Wednesday! I'm looking forward to it!
Few of my chums are mulling about the "first monster" biathlon. http://www.firstmonster.co.uk/challenge.php
It is a week after my half, but i'm swithering, but i don't like having to rely on other people staying un"injured"..Aye

No comments: