Wednesday, May 14, 2008

4.5K of Pain

Yesterday's run was a killer as I had arranged to go out with my 18 year old nephew. The very nephew who I introduced to running back in 1999, and whose first race was the junior great Scottish run. Back in those days he was best described as husky!

In my infinite wisdom, I have convinced him to run the Glasgow half this year too, so this was the first of our many training sessions.

But last night, i started to have regrets!. It started fast and just got faster! Thankfully he waited up for me when i really started to labour. In the end i managed to drag my 15 stone carcass round 4.5K in 25mins dead, a whopping 3mins 20 seconds faster than last week's time.

This morning's gym session was a struggle too, as i decided to put in a double session an account of me taking a night off to watch the football.

I rattled through, 1K rowing, 5K Cycling, 1K running @12.5km/h and then on to the weight training where I went through some double reps.
I think i'll take it easier tomorrow!


No comments: