Friday, May 16, 2008

A 1 mile run....poor show!

I have been taking my 11 year old nephew out running every other day since the 5th of may, as a warm up to my own runs. It's a small 1.1mile loop, which he has now run a total of six times. His first run 14.48, and yesterday he clocked a 12.48. A 2 min improvement in 11 days! If he carries on at that rate.... who knows!

I knew something wasn't right with my right knee pretty much as soon as the run started. By the end of the run I was in a fair bit pain and decided it was best to give my own run a miss.

So yesterday was my first "complete" rest day. I didn't make it to the gym in the morning on account of waiting , for my new garmin forerunner 305 gps, which i have bought to replace my old handheld gecko 201.

Just in case you ever wondered just how erratic an 11 year old's pace can be see the graph below.


That level pace at the start was where i was pacing him, to which he complained "your going too fast!" And from that point onwards it was all over the place! :)

No comments: