Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Run LSD + Speed

Saturday's 10K Training Run (LSD)
Me, my wife and older nephew all went on a 10K training run on Saturday morning at 9 am. Nephew was hung over from night before, but still he gave us a 3 mins head start to our run! He had caught up with us by the second mile, and asked if he could power on ahead. He went round the 10K in 53mins with my wife and I jogging around in 1hr 4mins. I'm just trying to get more used to the 10K distance, with one more planned before "the race" next Sunday. Good to see that at least one 18 Year old doesn't know the meaning of LSD!

Sunday's Track Session
Me, my wife and young nephew all went on a track session Sunday morning at 9 am. This was my wife's first track session and she was pleased to run a mile in 7:15. The session was quite brief:

1 mile - (with little nephew)
1 mile
800 m - (with little nephew)
800 m
400 m

After the session I had lunch at my inlaws, where I was pleased to hear a few people say that they could see I have lost weight. I tipped the scales at 14stone 5lbs

Today's Plans
Well I'm just back from a 4omin gym session, and rued the fact i went at lunchtime as opposed to before work, when it is much quieter. At 4pm the plan is then to head to Arthur's seat for another repeat of our hill sessions.

To be totally honest I'm looking forward to tapering from Thursday onwards! My plan is to rest Wednesday, run Thursday, then rest Friday and Saturday. With the view of being 100% fresh for the race on Sunday. I would put my chances of reaching my 56mins goal at about 50/50.

No comments: