Sunday, June 1, 2008

Friday, Saturday, Today

Friday's 10K didn't quite go according to plan, on account of me not actually doing it. Instead, I picked up a second hand mountain bike for £70, and by the time I had cycled the 4 miles home with it - at a fair speed - my quads were on fire and i was soaked with sweat. So i gave the run a miss.

Saturday morning I took my young nephew out a 1 mile run in the morning where he got a new "road mile" record of 11mins 24seconds, so i was pleased for him. I then finished the morning off with a 4.5 mile run. I laboured severely under the heat and plodded along at a very slow 10:35min/mile pace

So I am having a rest day today, thus I am rounding off my weekly mileage at 19 miles for this week. And for the period 5-31st May, my first month's training, i have clocked up 40miles running, not including the gym sessions. Though my weight is still sitting at 14st 7lbs and has been for a good few days. Hopefully that will change soon!

No comments: